Monday, July 17, 2006

Johnny Cash - Ring Of Fire

Love is a burning thing
And it makes a firery ring
Bound by wild desire
I fell into a ring of fire

I fell into a burning ring of fire
I went down down down
And the flames went higher
And it burns burns burns
The ring of fire
The ring of fire

The taste of love is sweet
When hearts like our’s meet
I fell for you like a child
Oh, the fire went wild

I fell into a burning ring of fire
I went down down down
And the flames went higher
And it burns burns burns
The ring of fire
The ring of fire

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I’m had nasi pandang for lunch; big chicken drumstick, fried egg, vegetables (only touched a third of it), fishball soup. Then the 3 of us (me, M.Lady & Sheils) headed for Cedele for dessert. We shared a pavlova & a slice of cake (can’t remember what cake), not chocolate cake, cos I only had a few bites.

I’m so full!

Then I had a slice of cheesecake from Hilton’s for tea, cos it’s a colleague’s birthday.

Now I’m stuffed.

I wonder if I’ll eat somemore if someone shoves Boon Tong Kee’s chicken rice in my face…

Weekend was nice. Cuzzie’s couzin’s friend from South Africa was in town for vacation for a couple of days.

We brought him for lunch at Pasta Fresca cos he missed Italian food. According to Quint, spags in China, is like cooked instant noodles & tomato sauce slapped over it. FYI, he’s been working in China for the past 1 year.

The girls brought him out to party that night. I couldn’t go cos I was broke. Didn’t exactly feel like partying anyway. I’m getting old…

Saturday was the day, I had Boon Tong Kee’s chicken. Of course we couldn’t leave Quint out of the experience so we packed it back for him back at M.Lady’s (where he’e been putting up) & he loves it!

That Saturday night we brought him to the Night Safari (winner of many Tourism awards http://www.nightsafari.com.sg/about/awards.htm) before we sent him off for his flight to Zimbabwe at 0215hours, which was delayed for 4 hours, which apparently was no surprise. Delay for flights to & fro Zimbabwe was almost expected. Record delay so far is 38 hours. 4 hours according to Quint, is nothing.

Quint’s been great. He’s open-minded & he’s got so much to share with his travelling experience. It was a little sad he had to go so soon. Oh he’ll be back for the chilli crabs.

Met up with the girlies for MOS Burger at Bugis. I was hoping to have chicken rice for dinner again, but the girlies refused. They think it’s bad for me & they’re controlling my obsession for chicken rice. I ended up with a chicken rice burger anyway. Next time I’m getting a Tsukune Rice Burger; never. I’d rather pay more for sushi than eat that salty, chickeny shit again.

Peach made a photo montage album for Rex. The girl’s so creative, she should’ve kept that album as part of her portfolio. Prissy left early to go meet Earnie. So Peach, Bambie, Wend & I launched into mini games of Ting Xie (Chinese Spelling) and Zhao Ju (Sentence Construction).

It amazes me how I know how to write Chinese. Thousands of different Chinese characters and there we were, whipping the strikes & the strokes, messing them all up of course. After leaving school who gives a shit about writing Chinese anyway.

It was a nice Monday blue.

No comments: