Thursday, May 24, 2007

Asperger's Syndrome

Sure. EVERYONE has got their opinions on everything. I totally respect that. But it just so seems that not everyone appreciates being respected, and give respect (in this matter) in return.

What really annoys me is that they're so worried about not being heard, that they IMPOSE their 2 cents worth. It's disrespectful.

I've been noticing certain social situations, and being aware of how I've reacted to them.

For example, I was on my usual transport back home, 3 others were talking about something to do with homosexuals. I can't quite remember WHAT they said, but I remember HOW it was talked about.

I realized I get very turned off with conversations that sound like everyone is trying to make everyone else hear what they have to say, so much so that you hear one trying to block the other out by repeating the FIRST word 6 times (or more) before they go on. If the other refuses to shut up by the third (or more) repeat, it gets louder.

How impossibly impolite.

I'm guilty of it sometimes. I've learnt if you want to be heard, you listen. Same thing with respect. You don't command it (by raising your voice), it is to be earned (give, to take).

So, shush.

1 comment:

Jia said...

yah yah yah yah yah! I agreeeee....so irritating!