Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Lady / Think Like A Man / The Hunger Games / The Pursuit of Happiness / Mirror Mirror / Rent A Cat

We escaped for 20 days to the L.A. to visit our bffs and while it was an ecstatic reunion and an enormous breath of fresh crisp air, I can't help but feel really bad about how incredibly relief I'd feel if I could just take off and leave familiarity.

It wasn't one of those trips where the grass is greener on the other side.

There were dangers, uneasiness as we visited the tourist town of San Francisco, the feeling of being a complete tourist, being an easy target. The San Diego zoo, unfortunately an all too familiar sight. The inconvenient travelling in L.A. (very used to the super efficient local transport system). Not that it's that bad in L.A. but having a car works as easy as taking that bus to Northpoint.


While the only economic awareness I have of the States is that employment rate is on the low, frozen probably, I love, I absolutely love the fact that people are just being people. Totally aware of each other's space. This could sound really selfish but it's honest. It made sense to me.

Here, it's a hypocritical island. People pretend to 'think' for you but they're actually thinking about themselves. It's probably just me but I definitely refused to be a part of the hypocrites, where it's the majority here.

I need to make do with what I can and what I have. Here, there is very very little I can make do with. I realize the authorities are PROBABLY doing its best to make things work in this country for most of us but, I feel like the minority and since asking for the country to move towards my ideal goal is a tad too selfish, I will make my move instead.

I just hope when that happens, nothing will try to keep me.

No comments: