Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Quit

Saturday morning, 8th March.

Another Saturday burnt to work. Only this time, it was 10 times more dreadful.

Starfish's surprise offer to accompany me to work did little to pull me out of my thoughts of misery.

The night before I had told him that I have decided to quit. It was a matter of time that I hand in my resignation letter. I had wanted to wait till the end of this month. I honestly did not expect to feel like this Saturday, would be the day.

15 minutes before I left for work, I had Starfish help me print out my resignation letter.

As I made my way to the clinic, I thought to myself, maybe, just maybe, I could pull through another day.

I stepped into the clinic, and the air thickened. I knew I had to hand in my resignation letter to the Mrs, and definately could not have stayed any longer to make this day my last working day at the clinic.

The deed was done. The Mrs was being very understanding about it. I walked out, feeling awkward, and relieved at the same time.

The whole experience at this clinic was a tremendous eye opener.

I realized pursuing a passion without a certain degree of study could be rather futile. I did not get my chance to be a full time vet assistant because the training was not as promised, the clinic is busy almost always, time is simply not on my side.

If the boss hadn't want to put me on administrative duties, I honestly think I would have still been trying my way around vet assisting. I was too discouraged to even try out administrative duties and patiently wait for that chance again.

The plan now is to take a break. Haven't had a proper break from work since I've started working. And to re-consider my career options once again.

Doing my best to bring in positivity within my thoughts.

No comments: